"If I continue Ph. D one day, I think I will look like him, my hair all drop"

8-12-2010 (Wednesday) - This is the third times, I attend the seminar series and giving the support to my dear senior who going to conference next week. All the best to her and I know she can perform well. This three weeks, I so hardworking to attend the seminar series although the title which they presented is not related with my field. My field is a about linguistic. This is the best way I learn and preparation before I going to present next times. After attending the three seminar series, I found that I learn a lot of new things. For example, how to justify it, how to prove it by giving the reference or scenario to support your work. Why so special with your proposed system? What is your contribution in this project? Suddenly,  there are many WH- questions in my mind now. I start to worry about my project. However, do you ask yourself ? Why we do research? 1. Research is to satisfy your examiner. 2. Research is good advance for the academic career (publish, publish, publish). 3. Research is to change the world. 4. Research can enjoy the lifestyle. Haha :) A little can't believe that research can enjoy the lifestyle too. Enjoy..Enjoy..really enjoy..haha :) Am I like doing research? Am I do my best work? haha :P The best work is not what is most difficult for you; it is what you do best. Yeah, totally very agree with this statement. Besides that, the most important of the research is the evaluation -the output/outcomes of the research. The output can divided into few categories, 1. success or fail 2. desirable or undesirable 3. expected  or unexpected. 

Sharing corner: 

"This picture is nice and it called bottom of the pyramid or BOP"

Based on this picture, in economics, the bottom of the pyramid is the largest, but also the poorest socio-economic group. On the other words, there are 2.5 billion people who live on less than $2.50 per day. Besides that, according to the Wikipedia,  the phrase "bottom of the pyramid" is used in particular by people developing new models of doing business that deliberately target that demographic, often using new technology.

1 comments:

"The best work is not what is most difficult for you; it is what you do best" Soo Fong, this phrase seems to be a magnet to me. It stopped my hand from scrolling the mouse down while reading your blog. My thinking paused. This sentences repeated in my mind twice. It is true to some extend. In everything we do, the most important criteria is we try our best to fight till the end to achieve what we desired. Failure is nothing but at least we give things a try. One more thing, you remind me, yes, we should always ask WH interrogatives. This aids one to produce better outputs. :) Jiayou, our super senior.

Regards
PhuiHeng
(",)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pages

About Me

My photo
爱好:打羽球、玩乐器、上网、旅游

Translator

Followers

Blogger Tricks
Flag Counter